cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to upgrade BE 11D from 6235 to 7170?

GeirT
Level 3
Partner

Hi,

I've runned SP3 and everything seems fine, but how do I upgrade BE 11D from 6235 to 7170? I thought SP3 did this.

Please help.

Regards,

geirT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

To to clarify Hotfixes and Service Packs do not change the build number i.e. from 11.0.6235 to 11.0.71710 is a build number change. They do change the file revision numbers, so for instance BESERVER.EXE might go from version 11.0.6235.27 to 11.0.6235.28 by installing a hotfix or Service Pack

To change a Build  number you always have to download a complete product install and then upgrade the installation to the new build (and then apply new hotfixes and servcie packs against that build.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

RRE
Level 6

Hi there,

Download Backup Exec 11d 7170 from the following link & install on top of the existing installation to upgrade it to version 11d  7170

https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi geirT,

Straight-forward upgrade, but BEFORE you do your upgrade, grab a copy of your Data and Catalogs folder, and stop any AV from running during the course of the upgrade. This prevents any issues cropping up if data gets corrupted for whatever reason during the upgrade process.

Once done, patch the media server with the available patches, and then push these out to any remote servers you may have.

Thanks!

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

The steps which I performed to successfully upgrade BE11d 6235 to BE11d 7170

1  : Download BE11d 7170 from the link : https://www4.symantec.com/Vrt/offer?a_id=30140

2  : Stop all the BE services on existing BE 11d 6235, even the SQL service for Backup Exec

3  : Copy the DATA and the CATALOG folder aside for the safty purpose

4  : Start the SQL service only for BE 11d 6235

5  : Run the install for BE11d 7170 install the license keys and complete the installation

6  : Reboot the server

Push install the remote agents on the remote servers.

Hope this helps...

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

To to clarify Hotfixes and Service Packs do not change the build number i.e. from 11.0.6235 to 11.0.71710 is a build number change. They do change the file revision numbers, so for instance BESERVER.EXE might go from version 11.0.6235.27 to 11.0.6235.28 by installing a hotfix or Service Pack

To change a Build  number you always have to download a complete product install and then upgrade the installation to the new build (and then apply new hotfixes and servcie packs against that build.

Dev_T
Level 6

any news?