cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Howto Upgrade to 11d ?

peter_buechel
Level 4
hi everybody,

we have installed 10d on w2k3 32bit and we want to do a move to version 11d AND to a w2k3-storageserver 64bit.
The installation on 32bit was just a workaround because 64bit were no supported until now.
Is there a best-practice to do this? Of course we are interested to keep settings, catalogs, databases etc.

thanks and bye
7 REPLIES 7

maxi_maximus
Level 4
This might help

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/285734.htm

peter_buechel
Level 4
hi,

I know this doc but you've maybe read that we have to migrate to a new machine.
So thats not helpful, sorry.

bye

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

You cannot move the catalogs information or the job configurations of 10d to 11d without an upgrade, because the databases of 10d and 11d are different now. Backup exec 10d uses Msed instance and Backup exec 11d uses Sql 2005 express instance.

To move the information you have to perform an Upgrade to 11d from 10d on the same server.

Thank You,

Shweta

peter_buechel
Level 4
thanks for the info up to this point ...

... and is there a way to migrate all settings,DB,etc from one machine to another ?

bye

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer to:

How to copy media server configuration to a file and apply the copied media server configuration

http://support.veritas.com/docs/274778

Regards

Padmaja

peter_buechel
Level 4
so, the last night was the night od the nights and I did whet was written in this doc and ...... it didn't work.

I did a "copy media server config" on the old server -> ok
Then I did a "apply copied media server config" on the new and i got the following error "RPC call failed" and nothing was done.

BUT, even if this has worked it wouldn't copy all of the old server.

WHAT has to be done to copy the DB and Catalogs too ???

Bye

peter_buechel
Level 4
I think I forgot to tell that we want to move from:

old machine: W2K3 32bit BE11d (with all patches)
new machine: W2K3 64bit BE11d (with all patches)

bye