cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need additional software/licenses, but can't find out which ones...

Andr__G_
Not applicable

Hello,

My company has a new customer. This customer is a small company with around 20 computers total. We were brought in to install and configure Windows Small Business Server 2003 on a new server. They kept the old one (2003 Server Std.), which we reinstalled.

SBS does its thing (Exchange and DC), and the 2nd server has a SQL database and centralized antivirus software solution installed. We have a StorageWorks 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader to backup the data on both servers. The client has a Backup Exec 10d For Windows Servers with Continuous Protection Server license.

I need to backup the contents of both servers on to the Autoloader. Which would be the best (cheaper) solution for the customer?

1- Installing the BEWS with CPS they already have on the 2nd server and request the agents for Exchange and SQL

or

2- Buying and installing Backup Exec for Windows Small Business Server (version 12.5) and ordering the agent to backup the SQL database on the 2nd server

In addition, both in option 1 or 2, do I still need to purchase a license for the 2003 Server agent? I know i don't have to buy one to backup the server in which the Backup Exec is installed, but, as for the other ones, I don't really know.

Also, what are the exact product numbers that I need? I find a whole lot of them, and the differences between them are unclear to me...

Thank you in advance, if I remember any useful information before I get an answer, I'll post it here.

Cheers,

André G.

0 REPLIES 0