cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need recomend. for entire workflow backup...

foler_foler
Level 2
Hello...

We have 30 PC XP workstations and one big server for backup this workstations. I need product for auto-backup this WSs to this server.

1. Is Backup Exec right product for us or we need different product?
2. Do I can use "Wake on Lan" option with backup exec for autostart ws (we have static ip adress)? WS is Dell 690 with support for WOL.

Any sugastion is welcome.
3 REPLIES 3

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

-- Could you elaborate more on "need product for auto-backup this WSs to this server."

-- what do you actually mean here?

Thank You,

Shweta

Michael_Ben
Level 2
You could look to roll out Backup Exec Destop and Laptop Option (DLO) to these workstations/PCs.

Not sure about the Wake On Lan feature though, I believe you'll need to ensure the PCs remain on.

MB

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
DLO is one option, though I was under the impression that it's of more use for a sort of continuous backup, rather than routine backups. I've never looked in to it that much.
If overnight backups are what you want, then you can use remote agents on XP workstations without any additional licensing requirements (I think).
Wake On Lan isn't implemented in BE, but if you are using static IP addresses, then if you can find a script to wake the workstations, you could set this up as a pre-command to be fired off before the backup starts.