cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Error

wendy_ewens
Level 2
I receive the following error whe performing idr restore. Please can someone help!!!

The recovery application "C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkupexec\bedrwiz.exe /sifpath=C:\WINDOWS\repair\asr.sif" returned an error code 0xc0000354. Since this indicates an unrecoverable error, ASR cannot continue on this machine.

Many Thanks

Wendy Ewens
4 REPLIES 4

Ameet_Thakkar
Level 6
In view of the query put forward, we would like you to refer the following technote link.

Title:- Performing a local Intelligent Disaster Recovery (IDR) on Windows Server 2003 gives an error message "The recovery application "C:\WINDOWS\system32\bkupexec\bedrwiz.exe /sifpath=C:\WINDOWS\repair\asr.sif" returned an error code 0xc0000354. Since this indicates an unrecoverable error, ASR cannot continue on this machine."

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/274082.htm

We hope this helps. Let us know if the problem still exists and revert back with the error message.

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.",

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Paul_Yip
Level 4
I have the same error also. If the solution says to restore after installing windows 2003 normally, what is the point of having IDR? What is the difference between using IDR and just installing Windows and restoring from a full backup?

wendy_ewens
Level 2
Paul,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I am still experiencing exactly the same problem months on... Trying to get anything sensible out of veritas\symantec is becoming impossible...

The workaround in their technical article is ridiculous... I have a call logged with them but we don’t seem to be making any progress.

I have carried out the following tests

Upgraded software to latest version- sp3 - idr test failed
Used identical hardware and performed test again - failed

Restored the system partition and the data set from another server - test worked..

Which them leads me to think is something either within the data set on the tape or something on d:\ which is just not right...

If you have any further information it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Wendy Ewens