cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Failure

Robert_Bailey
Not applicable
I have received an error message while trying to create the IDR image stating that the windowsupdate.log file is in use. I searched the forums and found a topic stating to use a different path for the windows installation files. I tried pointing it to the CDROM where the windows server 2003 CD was but then received an error opening "\\servername\C$\program files\veritas\backup exec\idr\disk1\51setup1.en_"

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Robert
4 REPLIES 4

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Please refer this technote:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276499

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thomas_Belleing
Not applicable
Hi,

I have the same problem except that i'm using a french version of BE 10d rev 5669 and the missing file is 51SSETUP1.FR_

There's a 51SSETUP.FR_ file in the directory.

I had a look at what was proposed as solution and I think none applies to my problem because i'm using more recent version of BE.

So please do you have another way to help me ?

Thank you

Gen_A
Level 2
I have the same problem with IDR; however, in reply to the solution posted above, I am confused.

The version I have (on a Dell PE 2800) is 10.0 Rev 5484 with Service Pack 3 installed.

I am aware that SP3 includes Hotfix 23. If this is the case, why do I still encounter the same problem?

Help!

Jeff_Dupere
Level 2
I had exactly the same problem with exactly the same file. The problem occurs when you try to create the disc using a Windows 2003 disc that has SP1 slipstreamed in. Though it is reported that one of the hotfixes takes care of the problem, no amount of hotfixes or SP's helped me out. The only solution was to upgrade to Build 5520. Problem solved after that.