cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR ISO File Size

Chris_blair
Level 2
I just setup a new Win2k3 Enterprise server with SP1 and backup exec 10 rev 5484.

The IDR wizard is creating an ISO file that is 805mb, way to big for a cd. Is there a way to trim this file down? Maybe burn it to a DVD?

thanks for the help.
7 REPLIES 7

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

To burn the bootable ISO image to CD you can select any third party CD burning software
Write the image to CD following directions for the software you are using to write to CD-R / CR-RW

When browsing for the file, be sure "*.ipso" or "all files" is selected under "File type" (or equivalent) and navigate to the ISO image

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.Message was edited by:
Sharvari Deshmukh

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
You did not answer the question. If a CD will only hold 700MB, how can you burn an 850mb image onto it? I am having the same problem with W2k3 sp1 standard server.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Normally a bootable image wont exceed 1 CD. If its the case then you can create 2 CD'S. Are you also copying the dr and the asr files to the same CD. If yes then you can create these files on diskettes.

Thanks,
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
The DR & ASR files are negligible in size, so that would not account for the almost 1GB of the ISO file.

If the ISO file is one file, then how can you spread that 'image' over 2 CD's and then boot to it for a disaster recovery?

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please burn the CD only with the ISO image. Please remove the DR and ASR files from there and verify the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Alice_Stewart
Level 5
I am trying to tell you that the ISO image WITHOUT the sif & dr files is STILL almost 1GB in size and therefore will not fit on one CD.

Has anyone at Veritas even tried this?

My setup is as follows:

W2k3 std server, sp1
BE ver 10 bld 5520

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello Chris,

Have you tried the earlier responses? Please update us on the issue, dp you need any further help?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.