cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory not found. Can not backup directory.....

colin_laurie
Level 2
Hi,

I have just discovered the above error message when backing up my weekly backup.
I have seen this error before when the target directory/files have been moved or deleted and know that you must exclude them from the backup selections.

The strange thing this time is that no files/directories have been moved and i can access them through windows explorer. Also i run another backup during the week which backs up the same directories and does not display this error message.

I am very confused why this has suddenly started. I have found similar issues reported by forum users but haven't found an answer.

Any help much appreciated,

Colin.
8 REPLIES 8

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do the two jobs use the same Selection List?

Have you tried recreating the Selection List for the failing job?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

To add to Mr Ken Putnam's reply, I would like to know if the anti-virus serivces are running during the backup job ?
If yes, please stop it during the backup job and check the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

colin_laurie
Level 2
Hi Ken,

No i haven't tried that yet, i'll do that and see how it goes.

Many thanks,

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you tried out the steps suggested by Mr.Putnam yet? If yes, has it resolved the problem?

Do update regarding the status of this post.

In case we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

colin_laurie
Level 2
Hi,

Yes i have tried Mr Putnams suggestion but this has made no difference.

I have also confirmed that there are no AV activities when the back up is running apart from the normal Trend Server Protect service.

I created a test job only backing up the directories which have not been getting backed up on a normal basis - This ran fine.

I then de-selected the problem directories from the normal backup - when the backup ran the same error occurred, ie directory not found message, which is even more strange as i have deselected them?

Any help appreciated again,

Thanks

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you remove something from a selection liust, you need to be in Text Mode, not Graphics mode (a bug that has been around since v7.0 that Veritas seems unable to corect)

The test job that you ran, was it a RunNow or a scheduled job?

Are you sure that the credentials for the Test job are the same as for the Scheduled Production job? That is did you use "Connect As" for the production job?

colin_laurie
Level 2
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your help.

I did not exclude the directories in text mode so i will do that straight away.

The test job i ran (with the same credentials) was a 'run now' job.

Although i am trying to omit the directories temporarily; unfortunately the problem stilll exists of 'directory not found' when the directories are included in the back up selections.

Thanks again,

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you tried removing the directories from Text view?
Does the problem persists?

Please update us on this issue.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.