cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR Windows Cannot Copy Files CLASPACK.EXE

Joe_Hoggood
Level 3
When I start an IDR restore on a machine using an IDR ISO image built using Windows XP Pro SP1A I get the following error when the Windows part of the restore starts:

Windows cannot copy the file: CLASPACK.EXE (there are other files that fail to copy later too like JAVA*.* related files).

I have done a full backup on the Wndows XP Professional SP1A client PC, then run the IDR wizard and it created an ISO image successfully which I burned to CD and started client PC restore.

Joe Hoggood
1 REPLY 1

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Check the workstation where IDR is being backed up from. Look in the c:\windows\system32\ or c:\windows\ directory for: CLSPACK.EXE - Class Package Export Tool

If its not there, check the workstation for the W32/Shoho@MM worm. It's a mass-mailing worm that's making use of the ms01-020 Iframe exploit, file attachment might be executed on preview/opening the e-mail.

The attachment is named "README.TXT________.pif" . When not looking close, one might think the filename is readme.txt and thus failing to see the real extension, .pif.

This worm will specifically delete or modify CLSPACK.EXE.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.