cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR & asr error 0x2

Olaf_Boettger
Level 3
Hello

I would like to implement IDR in my backup envirement, but I have a problem.

My envirement looks like this.
- Backup Exec 10.1 Rev. 5629
- Serivce Pack 2
- Hot Fix 43
- Hot Fix 42
- Hot Fix 40
- IDR and the Remote Agends are licenced

To initiate IDR I have done this steps.

1. Full Backup the Server (w2k3sp1), that I want to restore
2. IDR Wizard (create a bootable Image, with original w2k3 source files)
3. Boot from this CD
4. Press F2 to perform ASR
5. Reboot into IDR magenta screen, press ESC
6. When IDR wizard launches, select automated level
7. Supply .DR file
8. Select Remote network, to restore over a remote Media Server.
9. Put in a valid Account
10. The Restore Process is running (first the normal C:\ drive and second the Shadow Copy Components.
11. The Restore was successful
12. A notepad starts with this mesage "The recovery application "C:\Windows\system32\asr_pfu.exe /restore /sifpath=C:\Windows\repair\asr.sif" returned an error code 0x2. Since this is an unrecoverable error, ASR cannot continue on this machine."

So this is my problem. I have search some time in the internet about this error, but I havn't found a solution. It seems that several peoples has this error too. Did anyone can help me, or give my tips ...

Many thanks
Olaf
4 REPLIES 4

Olaf_Boettger
Level 3
Can anyone help me, please ?

alan_waggott
Level 2
I have the same problem, i have been trying effortlessly to get a perfect idr, but everytime i move a step forward something knocks me back which then takes me ages to sort out.

I did read somewhere along the lines that we should put the asr files onto a floppy and take them of the cd, i am trying this this afternoon, so hopefully i will get it sorted. If not then i am out of ideas and need, some advice from someone somewhere who knows about idr.

alan_waggott
Level 2
the article i read did not work, i am now officially stumped

HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!

alan_waggott
Level 2
i have solved this problem now.

in order to get the perfect idr you need to do a full backup, copy the .DR is floppy make the bootable cd but check the option to put asr files onto floppy, burn the cd, and away you go.

it took me just over a week to get the idr to work properly, but now i have cracked it my test server was up and running in under 30 minutes.