cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR program error

Brian_Leenstra
Not applicable
Hello,
I am receiving a program error when trying to run the IDR Wizard for the first time. This message is received once I try to select the location of the *.dr file.

Program Error
"DRPrepwizard.ex.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows you will need to restart the program. An error log is being created."

I have tried restarting the program and server. I have uninstalled and reinstalled using both 9.1 and SP2. This is on a windows 2k machine.

Thanks for any help!!!
1 REPLY 1

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

-Usually this issue occurs due to insufficient permission on the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\VERITAS\Backup Exec\Engine\Misc
To resolve the issue, do the following:
1. Run "regedt32"
2. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
3. Click on "Security" menu
4. Ensure that the logged on account has "Full Control" on the registry. If not, assign the said permission.
5. Close the window, restart all the Backup Exec services.
6. Now, run the IDR Preparation Wizard and see if this assists.

-Check if you have the remote registry service enabled - if not please start this service. Then test the IDR prep wizard.

-If this does not assist we can re-install the IDR option but this time actually renaming the idr folders as well.
1) Stop all BE Services.
2) Rename the IDR folder. The default path will be :\\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\idr.
3)Rename drprepwiz.exe. This file is located in the :\\Program Files\VERITAS\Backup Exec\NT\ directory.
4) Go to Tools > Serial Numbers and Installation and only select the IDR option from the available list of options to select.

Note :If the option is already selected then click Next and then click Install. Finish the setup

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.