cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDR restore to a SAN virtual disk

Alan_Smith_2
Level 2
I have a SAN with with four virtual disks and two servers attached. One of the servers uses one of the virtual disks for its operating system which is Windows Server 2003. It uses another virtual disk for a page file and a third virtual disk for SQL Server. The second server has its operating sytem which is Windows Server 2003 on a physical disk and uses the fourth SAN virtual disk for data.

The IDR help carried the following warning "Caution Disconnect any storage area network (SAN) or cluster that is attached to the computer being recovered; otherwise, the hard drives on those computers may also be repartitioned and reformatted."

My question is: Can I carry out an IDR restore of the operating system Windows Server 2003 to the SAN virtual disk that currently has the operating system on it?
1 REPLY 1

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Yes this can be done. In case you come across any errors or problems while doing so, do write back to the forum with details.

However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.