Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinite Loop: Event 58061 & 58063

TimCha
Level 2
Windows Server 2003
VBE 9.1 SP2
HP DAT72 single tape drive

I started a backup job in Append mode, but the tape filled up.
I got the "Media Remove" alert "Please remove the media from the drive". (Event 58063) I removed the tape, and clicked OK.
An alert blinks, disappears and is immediately replaced by the "Media Remove" Event 58063 alert again. I click OK and the same thing happens again, and again and again...

I don't have any blank or overwritable tapes that can be used. So, I just want to Cancel that backup job, so that I can start a new job.

I clicked the Cancel Job button on the Job Activity log and the Job Status on the Job Monitor screen changed to Cancel Pending.

How do I get the job to go away, so that I can start a new job?
2 REPLIES 2

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

To troubleshoot this problem restrat all the Backup Exec services an dtry executing the bcakup job.

Also configure backup exec to automatically respond to alerts,Please refer the following technote:

How to configure Backup Exec 9.x and 10.x for Windows Servers to respond to alerts automatically http://support.veritas.com/docs/254685NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Regards,

TimCha
Level 2
Thank you.

I am not sure of the correct order to stop and restart the Backup Exec Services, but I eventually got them all stopped and restarted.

With all of the services running, I started BE, and it showed that the last job failed and no longer blocking me from doing anything. I put in a tape, erased it and started a new backup job.

Thank you very much!