cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information Store not appearing on the selection list

Jean-Louis_Kami
Level 3
Hello,

I have backup exec 9.1 installed on a Windows SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 and I cannot see the Information Store as an option in the backup selection list.

I've enabled the "restrict anonymous" in the registry.
Even though it's on the same server I tried the "user defined selections" but it still does not appear.
I do have the agent for Exchange installed ofcourse.

Any suggestions would be great.
Thankyou
4 REPLIES 4

Jean-Louis_Kami
Level 3
I've gone through the other posts with the same problem but none of them are applicable in our situation and same goes for with the research on the net.

Please, if you have any suggestion they'll be most welcome.
Thankyou.

Paul_Cole
Level 3
I had a similar problem recently and I'm sure it was down to something like the permissions of the account that Veritas uses over the information store... I think my initial problem was could see the information store but not the mailboxes though.

Sorry it's a bit vague!

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
One thing to check

From Tools\Options\Exchange, make sure that "Enable Exchange Support" is selected

Jean-Louis_Kami
Level 3
Hello

I went to Tools, backup exec services, services credentials ticked the "Change service account information" and entered in the details of the administrator account, restarted the services as requested and still the info store is a no show. Under the windows services for backup exec server, I've set the Log On to be manually entered in instead of local system account so for permissions wise I think it's all ok.

Under Tools, Options, Exchange I don't have the option to "Enable Exchange Support". I found a veritas article showing a pic of where the option should be but it doesn't exist on my server.

Thanks for the suggestions so far.

JL