cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information store is not displayed as a backup option

Karl_Drerup
Level 3
I have and exchange server that I backup through a user defined share. I do so because it is on a different network segmented off of our firewall. When I go to try to back up the exchange server I can only backup the mailboxes and the public folders. The information store is not present. When I go to the exchange server on my network, which I do not have to connect to via a user defined share, I can backup up the information store. Why can I not do so through the users defined share.
2 REPLIES 2

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

- Verify that the version of ESEBCLI2.DLL match on the Backup Exec server and the Exchange server. If they don't the Exchange service packs may be out of sync. The Backup Exec server must have the same Service Pack for Exchange as the Exchange server.
- The Backup Exec service account must be domain account and exist as a "Mailbox Full Administrator" in Exchange System Manager on Exchange 2000.
- The Backup Exec service account must be a member of the "Administrators" group on the remote Exchange server. That's located under "Active Directory Users and Computers" in the folder "Builtin."
- verify connectivity to the target Exchange server using Windows Backup to see if it can see the remote stores for backup.
- Apply the following technote.
Title:
How to enable support for "Restrict Anonymous" when using Backup Exec 8.6, 9.x, and 10.0 for Windows Servers
http://support.veritas.com/docs/238618

Please revert with the results.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.