cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install Remote Agent On D:?

Lawrence_Press
Level 2
One of our remote servers is a Dell storage appliance running Win2K Server. It is currently half-kaked due to a botched Windows secutity patch: it will not currently boot from C:, but rather from the mirrored OS image on D: Moreover, Remote Agent won't install on C: A push install from the backup server (a WinNT machine) only results in an attempt to install in C:, which fails; same for a local install on the Dell.

Is there any way to install remote Agent on the Dell's D: drive?
5 REPLIES 5

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
Hi Lawrence,

It's a half-baked idea, but what happens if you drop to a DOS window and run:

subst C: D:

This would make your C: and D: equivalent, and maybe do an install.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try a silent install and verify the results.
Title:
How to do a manual / silent install of the Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 Remote Agent for Windows Servers (RAWS) if the push install does not succeed
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265736

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would

be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered

questions
pool.

Lawrence_Press
Level 2
Doesn't work. The DOS box appears & disappears, but no files are installed into D:\Program Files (in fact there is no folder D:\Program Files\VERITAS) and the Backup Exec Remote Agent service doesn't appear in the Services list.

I CAN copy files from C: to D: i.e. I could copy over the\|Program Files\VERITAS stuff from C: to D: so in principle I could do a hack-manual install if I knew what Registry entries to make, what files to drop into D:\WINNT\System32, etc. etc.

Lawrence_Press
Level 2
That sounds worth trying, but I think I'll save it as a last or next-to-last resort; I'm leery of anything that has any chance of damaging the configuration on D: (Mild paranoia is the only sanity.)

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Lawrence,

Have you tried the silent installation on D drive ?

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.