cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installed Exchange Agent on virtual cluster drive

Stephen_Drysdal
Level 3
I was wondering if anyone could help suggest how to install the exchange agent on a virtual drive held on a san cluster as server Exchange? The problem I have is that when I push out the remote agent I am not given the opportunity to add the exchange agent. Does this have to be done on the cluster locally or can it pushed out? ****-Exchange is listed on the network as a server but is held on Node 1.

Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
There is no specific Exchange Agent to roll out. Once you've added the Exchange agent license to the server serial numbers, make sure you have the agent installed on each of your cluster nodes.
When you browse the selection list for your backup, BE will show the Exchange resources under the virtual server name.

Stephen_Drysdal
Level 3
How do you browse the selection list? Do I have to add resources to this manually or should it populate itself?

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified
Assuming you've installed the option and the agents, and are setting up a new backup job, click the Backup button at the top left.
Under the list of servers you should have your virtual server (Exchange). Under that you should have the Information Store. It should just appear by itself.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please could you provide an update

Thanks