cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing BackupExec Database 10.0.5520 on SQL 2005 server

Sunny_Jung
Not applicable
Hello,

I am having an issue when it creates Backup Exec database middle of installtion. I got SQL 2005 running on Win 2003 server. Now as we added tape device to this box (we don't have much option here) and trying to install BackupExec server but the installation failed because of an error "the installation operation failed" where attempt to install MSDE version on this box. I picked Using existing SQL 2000 which is failed, and picked the other, create a local backup exec MSDE also failed.

I understand that I can run two different instances but my case here is SQL 2005 VS MSDE 2000. Any one has successed to install in just like my environment?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunny
1 REPLY 1

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We would like to inform you that BE cannot be installed on SQL 2005 as the Backup Exec installation program installs Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Desktop Engine (MSDE 2000) Service Pack 3a components required to run Backup Exec.
Please check the compatibility list for the same:
http://search.redwood.min.veritas.com/data/technotes/278254.htm

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.