cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Exchange Agent

TriadDigital
Level 3
Hello there!

Hopefully someone with half a brain can help. We have just received our copy of 11d. Installed and applied our licenses plus the agent for Exchange option. I can't push the Exchange agent to my 2007 mail server. I can push the regular agent and the CPS/DLO components successfully, but the Exchange agent doesn't even show up as an available option to push.

Any thoughts or am i being a moron?

-Anthony

4 REPLIES 4

Hywel_Mallett
Level 6
Certified

Hopefully someone with half a brain can help.
I can help you there... ;)
There is no specific Exchange agent. The license key unlocks the functionality on the BE media server. You simply need to install the Remote Agent on the Exchange server, then you should find the Exchange option appears in your selection lists.
Bear in mind that for Exchange 2007 you need to be running BE build 7170, and you need to have MAPI/CDO installed on the media server. Also the Exchange tools if your media server is 32-bit.

TriadDigital
Level 3
Ahhhh!

Things certainly have changed since i last setup a backup box. Thank you very much for responding soo quickly. Now, on to setting up my backups...yay!

-Anthony

Jan_Lochridge
Level 2
Thanks for the tip.  But then on Exchange, can I just install the agent and not the BE 11D itself??  I can't seem to disable the BE 11d install.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
When you install the Exchange Serial on the Media Server, you should have been offered the chance to "push" the agent to a remote server

if not, take the BackupExec CD to the Exchange server (or share the downloaded files and copy)

then see  http://support.veritas.com/docs/286949     to intall tghe RAWS after entering the serial

Remeber that you need one RAWS serial per remote ServerOS machine.  You can install the same agent on DesktopOS machines without needing a serial