cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Remote Agent and Exchange agent on cluster

Logan_Burt_2
Level 3
I am using Backup Exec 10 in evaluation mode. I have the Backup Exec server running on a Windows 2003 Server with SP1. I have an Exchange Server running on an active/passive Windows 2003 cluster. I want to install the remote agent for Windows and the Exchange agent to that cluster, but I am finding scant documentation on this.

The manual addresses installing the BE server onto a cluster, but not installing the remote agents to another cluster. I have seen in the newsgroup where I will need to perform a manual installation of the Remote Agent on each node of the cluster. After installing to both nodes, will the remote agent become a cluster entity, or will it be only an agent on the two nodes? If a cluster entity, does that install itself automatically, or is there further configuration necessary? To where do I install the Exchange agent?

Thank you very much for your help.
1 REPLY 1

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

You have to purchase two licenses(Agent for Exchange) for both the nodes. When you purchase the Agent for Exchange ; the Remote Agent for Windows Server is integrated with this license. You have to enter the license number on to the Backup Exec server and only push install or locally install the remote agent for Windows servers.

Refer to the following link:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

After installation of the Remote agent it will only act as a normal remote agen that is required to back up the remote resources. You cannot install it automatically.

But if your Exchange Server is cluster-aware then you need to back it up through the virtual server.

NOTE: If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.