cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory succeeds, Catalog fails.

Ian_Smith_2
Level 2
When I upgraded from 9.1 to 10 I got the error about not being able to preserve previous settings. I shrugged and went on. Now, however, I can get BE to recognize my tape drive and all my tapes, but I can't catalog any of them. I run the inventory job, which succeeds without error in less than 30 mins (with 19 tapes in the library), but subsequent catalog operations all fail telling me that "The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted," and that I should inventory the tapes. I've renamed the stopped/started the services and renamed the catalog directory in between, but to no avail. Any suggestions?
4 REPLIES 4

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please try the following option:
- Uncheck 'use storage media based catalogs' and then catalog the tapes. To do this go to Tools > options > Catalog.

And verify the results.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Ian_Smith_2
Level 2
I had tried that, but without success.

I appear, however, to have solved the problem by uninstalling 9 completely and installing a fresh copy of 10 and *not* connecting to our SQL server.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update this thread will be archived.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Thanks,

Miguel__ngel_S_
Not applicable
Hi, I've got the same problem, i can do an inventory but catalog doesn't success. I tried to uncheck the option and i neither could correct the problem.

I installed on june the servers and veritas.