Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue connecting to some servers after domain change

Amber
Level 3

Hello,

I'm using Symantec Bakcup Exec 10d.

We have recently changed domains (new company purchased us).

For some reason I am able to connect to some of my servers to run the backups, but not to others.

When I view the 'Resource Credentials' in the properties of the backup jobs - and 'test all' - the test results are "The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed".

For some servers this works fine.

What needs to change to make these backups run again?

Thanks,
Amber

4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

First thing, if you have not already done it, is to fire up BEUTIL and change the Domain in the BE Database

See http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/277063.htm

Can you ping both ways by both name and IP Address to all servers fromn the media server?

If all else fails, try recreating your Selection List(s)

Amber
Level 3

Thanks Ken,

When I open the BEUTIL, I have 'Known Media Servers' then 'Media Server Groups' and 'All Media Servers' under -but nothing shows anywhere when I click on any of them.
I assume I shoudl see my media server??

The menu items on the left (like 'Update Configuration for New Media server...' etc) are not 'clickable', with the exception of 'New Media Server Group' and 'Delete Media Server Group' when I have 'Media Server Groups' selected.

Interestingly - I can ping between one of my 'problem' servers, and the backup server using only IP addresses, not computer names.
Could this be my problem?

Thanks!
Amber

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Interestingly - I can ping between one of my 'problem' servers, and the backup server using only IP addresses, not computer names.
Could this be my problem?

Probably, but if BEUTIL can't even see the media server,  that should be solved first ( tho I'm not sure how you would do that - If it can't see the media server, BEUtil probably cannot do a database repair, and I don't think that a repair install would help this))

Mahesh_Roja
Level 6

Error then follow the KB

General file system backup/restore: How to troubleshoot the error message "Access is denied" in Backup Exec for Windows Servers

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/266075.htm