cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Canceled "Media mount failed" 3mins to insert 2nd tape!

PACKET_BOY
Not applicable
Hey guys!
Ok so ive got an old backup exec 8.60 Rev 3808 server. It has single 40/80 DLT drive. The weekly full backup is about 87GB so this backup spans 2 tapes. Now for some reason the job keeps coming up as "Canceled" when it hits about 52GB. This is because its filling the first tape. However its only giving me 3mins on average to put another tape in before it cancels the job automatically.
I cant find anywhere in this version where you set normally in schedule to fail a job after a certain amount of time... Any ideas how to fix this? The following is the emails I receive for the job...

3:00 am : (Server: "Server1" Job: "Weekly Full" Device: "COMPAQ 1") Please remove the media from the drive.

3:02am : (Server: "Server1" Job: "Weekly Full" Device: "COMPAQ 1") Please insert overwritable media into the drive.

3:09am : (Server: "Server1") Job "Weekly Full" was canceled.

So for sure its canceling the job on its own because nobody is there to change the tape so my question is how do we set it so it never fails??? We normally kick this backup off on a friday afternoon then first person in on monday puts the second tape in..

Thanks alot everyone,

Packetboy
1 REPLY 1

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
See http://support.veritas.com/docs/192055

Set the timeout to "0" (Zero not oh)