cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Engine will not start due to Unknown Username

Level 2
Upgraded a Windows 2003 server to 10 from 9.1 and have a designated account with domain admin rights which serves as the BESA. After upgrade Job Engine will not start due to Unknown Username or Bad Password as reported in Event Viewer. I verified that my account being used to start Job Engine has all appropriate rights -
- Local Admin rights
- Login as a service
- Act as a part of Operating System
- Create a Token Object

Have also tried using the system local account with the same error in event viewer. Any help with this is very much appreciated!
8 REPLIES 8

Jason_K
Level 4
Hello,

Please try click on "services" button on the logon box when you open Backup Exec.

Click "Service Credentials"
Click the option to change the service credentials.
Type in the username and use the drop down error to select the domain or local computer.

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Jason K.

Level 2
Thanks for the feeback Jason, unfortunately I had already tried that before with no luck. Any other suggestions?

Jamie_Tatum
Level 4
Is the job engine service itself reporting the error, or a dependant service such as MSDE? What's the exact text of the event?

anoop_nair_2
Level 6
Hi,

Kindly update us on the issue.

Level 2
I am currently working with Veritas Support on the issue and will post the resolution once one is found. Thanks again for the feedback/help!

Rohit_Sonawale
Level 6
Certified
Hi,

I would like to add some points here,

1. Create a new user as Backup exec user and provide Local/Domain Admin rights.

2 - Repair Database :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

if above steps fails to work then,

3. Reload from base :

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254014

We hope this information helps, if you have any other questions please respond to the post and we will be more than happy to assist you further.

gaurav_seth
Level 6
Hello

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress. However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Regards,
Gaurav

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.