cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job History with Media written export/reportting ?

C__Powers
Level 2

Previous versions of Backup Exec allowed me to copy this and paste it as text in to excel. I would also like to add a  column at the end and output the tape bar code that each job wrote to. What would be the easiest way to accomplish this? I would like to filter the results for all the full backups that ran over the weekend.

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified
The easiest way is probably to use the BEMCLI cmdlet, Get-BEJobHistory

C__Powers
Level 2

I've been playing with that.

I'm not the best with scripting, trying to not break something, but output needed tapes easier for logging that we need documented.

If I could limit it the last 72 and/or Jobs with the name Full in the name.

I need the following Headers:

Name(Job Name) | Job Status | Start Time | End Time | Elapsed Time | Byte Count | Job Rate | Error Code | Media Label

pkh
   VIP    Certified

All these are possible with Powershell.  You would need to bone up on the subject.

C__Powers
Level 2

Here is where I am at.

Is there a list somewhere of all the available select-object titles? Once I get the correct data pulling, It shouldn't be to hard to redirect to text/csv.

I'm digging through various websites, help files

Get-BEJobHistory | Where-Object {($_.StartTime -ge "07/29/2014")} | Select-Object JobName, JobStatus, StartTime, EndTime, ElapsedTime, Mediaused(not finding the correct label for this last one)

MusSeth
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Hi Why not use backup exec reports...using a custom report with fields selected from job history group will give you all the info you mentioned above...it creates a report in pdf format you can simply copy data from there or use that same report for refrence. ...there are several reports which you can create...