cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Running, but no data being written

Kirrin_Jones
Level 2
Good Day Board,

Please help me so I can stop banging my head against the desk, have gone through two desks so far this week.

Installed Software
- Backup Exec 10.0 Rev. 5520 SP3
- Windows 2003 SP1
- Veritas Windows NT/2000 Device Drivers (20051015_279944)
- Microsoft iSCSI Initiator

Installed Hardware
- HP Ultrium LTO 448 (200GB tape drive)
- Overland REO 1000 (1.397TB storage)

I have setup the BE 10.0 to see all the above hardware. The HP448 has all the tape library ready to go and BE was writing to it just fine. I then configured the REO1000 as disk drives and used the iSCSI initiator as a means to connect and create drive letters mapped to the REO1000 from the machine hosting the BE. So now Windows can see the drives and I have formatted them and even saved data to them just to be sure.

I configured BE to use the drive letter as a B2D folder and it accepted it and stored the configuration on the drive.

I then went in to the job setup for the backups that I already had configured and backing up to tape, and just changed the location to the B2D folder that I had just created (I wanted a D2D2T setup). When the scheduled time came, the backup started to write to the B2D folder and eventually completed successfully. It did this for 1 week with no errors.

Since this week, nothing. The job starts, says its running, and it never writes any data. For as long as I let this job run, it will not write any data. I tried cancelling the job, and ended up having to restart the machine to get it cancelled. I then went back in and change the backup location back to the tape location, and the same thing happened. The job starts, says its running and no data is being written.

Please offer me some assistance. I may not have been very specific in this posting as I don't want it to be too long and persons just don't read it, but I guess once a conversation gets going I can give you whatever information that is relevant to this problem.

Thanks.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kirrin_Jones
Level 2
Sorted this out. The problem was that there was a communication problem with the server that hosted the data to be backed up. Apparently there was a RPC error. Restarting the server sorted out the problem.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Kirrin_Jones
Level 2
Sorted this out. The problem was that there was a communication problem with the server that hosted the data to be backed up. Apparently there was a RPC error. Restarting the server sorted out the problem.