cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Setup information disappeared

SKlassen
Level 3
This morning when I started BE, I went to run a test of a backup job and immediately got an error the database function to get failed. I stopped and restarted the services, but now all of my job setups are gone. I tried to do a db restore with the BEUtility, but it didn't help. How can I get my jobs back without having to manually recreate?

The job history, media sets, and catalog information is still there, just the jobs in job setup are gone. Are these held in a separate place than the master database?Message was edited by:
Scott Klassen
8 REPLIES 8

SKlassen
Level 3
I just tried restoring the BE directory and MSDE files and no luck. I also tried to recreate the jobs manually, but it says that there are already jobs by those names, so they are still there, just not showing.

Richard_Jarvis
Level 3
I have exactly the same problem. After a server restart all the jobs are apparently missing but everything else is present. The jobs are scheduled and they are still running but we just can't see them. I created a new job and this did appear but having run once then disappeared as well

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Have you upgraded from BE v9.0 to B Ev9.1?

Only the scheduled backup jobs are disappearing or is it happening with the normal backup jobs also?

Perfrom the repair database and verify the result.

How to run a Backup Exec database repair when the original Backup Exec database is found to be inconsistent
http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Richard_Jarvis
Level 3
We are using 9.1 as installed in May 2004
We have already carried out a repair and a restore with no effect
I believe it is the scheduled jobs which are invisible
If you create an unscheduled job it remains until the client is restarted

SKlassen
Level 3
I tried all of the database maintenance, including drop and reload from base to no avail. Finally bit the bullet and manually deleted the database files and redid everything.

Richard_Jarvis
Level 3
I guess the problem with the approach of re-entering all jobs is that it could happen again at any time. At least two of us have the same problem so surely Veritas can come up with something to try.

Richard_Jarvis
Level 3
I found the answer in an earlier forum question. It worked for me. It would be nice to know if there is a service pack which fixes this.

http://forums.veritas.com/discussions/thread.jspa?forumID=101&threadID=42234&messageID=4344693䭵

SKlassen
Level 3
Glad you found the fix.