cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job Status: Canceled

Tom_4
Level 2
Has anyone else ran into this? The backup job seems to run properly but does not finish. (Backup shows data put to tape, but ends with cancel.)

The Job Status under the Job Monitor will say "Canceled". In the application event log I see ID# 57622 "No mover was available to close out the last backup set.", followed by ID# 34114 "Backup Exec Alert: Job Cancellation (Server: "HRSERVER1") (Job: "Full Backup - Eject") The job was canceled by user System."

The second entry should be because the job has exceeded it's time limit, but what causes the first entry? The tape drive has been cleaned, and I've tried fresh backup media. Like I said in the beginning, the odd thing is that the job starts, but won't complete.

Any ideas or options to try?

Thanks,

Tom
4 REPLIES 4

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/253613.htm applies but doesn't have much to say.

Have you verified that all cables and terminators are fully seated, are you or current firmware and drivers for the controller and drive?

Tom_4
Level 2
Thanks for the reply. I found that article but it wasn't much help. The only thing I haven't checked would be the controller. I'm running the latest Veritas SP and drivers for the tape drive. I'm not sure if it's a driver/firmware problem. Even though the job says it canceled, there is still data on the tape. I can do a restore without any errors...

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

See this technote :

Event ID 57622: "No mover was available to close out the last backup set" is reported in the Event Viewer during a backup or copy operation when the Backup Exec Job Engine is unable to close out the current backup set because it has lost its connection to the storage media device.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253613

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool