cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job scheduling problem : 4th vs. Last week days

Steve_Yau
Level 3
I would like to create a full backup job using BEWS 9.1 as follows:

- On last Friday of a month, runs a momthly full backup job and retain the tape for 12 months
- On other Fridays of that month, runs a weekly full backup job and retain the tape for 8 weeks

So, I configured two jobs with same file selection, but different media sets. Obviously, for monthly job, I checked the "Last Friday" in "Week days of the month". But I have got a problem in setting the scheduling of weekly job.

If I checked the "4th Friday" for the weekly job, both weekly and monthly will run on 4th Friday if the month have 4 Fridays. But if I uncheck the "4th Friday", no full backup will be done on the 4th Friday if the month have 5 Fridays.

Is there any ways to accomplish the issue? Or I should manually check the "4th Friday" for a month with 5 Fridays before the 3rd Friday for that weekly job?
6 REPLIES 6

Steve_Yau
Level 3
Are there any hints on the issue? Or I have to accept this "feature" of BEWS?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Do you have a library or a standalone drive?

You can schedule both jobs, then use Advanced Scheduling to disable any 4th Friday that is also a last Friday.

Not applicable
Yeah, it's a limitation of BE, but it's much easier to schedule if you can use the first Friday of the month for your monthly full backup instead...

Steve_Yau
Level 3
Well, technically, that's a good solution. But it's not a business solution since our corporate monthly backup was done during end of month.

Why doesn't BE regard "4th" as "4th but not last". Such discrete selection option will be more reasonable and avoid confusion.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

I would like to know if you have tried with "Specific Dates" option ?
- You may try selecting it monthwise and check the results.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as assumed answered and moving it to answered questions pool.