Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job stays queued

Amber
Level 3

Hello,

I'm using BackupExec 10d.

We were using an HP tape backup system, but since the tape drive has failed twice in two years, we plan to move away from that.
For the short term, my intent is to move the backups to a local server - once I confirm the size of the backups, and that this is working properly, the intent is to have it backup to another site, over the network.

What I've done is created copies of my two main 'write to tape' jobs -and pointed them instead at local folders.

The jobs won't ever move beyond 'queued'.

I'm not sure what I should be checking to troublsehoot this...

Thanks,
Amber

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hi Amber

Have you checked the alerts tab for active alerts. Have you tried recreating B2D.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For the short term, my intent is to move the backups to a local server

If this "local" server is not the media server, how do you access the B2D folders?  You should be using their UNC names and not via mapped drives.  Mapped drives are associated with an online session and BE runs as a batch job.

If this "local" server is a NAS or a SAN, then you got to check the HCL for BE 10d to make sure that they are supported as devices for B2D folders.

- once I confirm the size of the backups, and that this is working properly, the intent is to have it backup to another site, over the network.

You got to be aware that backing up over a network would inevitably not work due to bandwidth constraint.