cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job stuck on 'Queued' on new install of 10d on new server/new tape loader

Dave_Cherry
Level 2
I started the first full backup last night on my first job setup on 10d. I have been using 8.6 and 9.1.

This is a new server, very high end file/print server, that also has 2 remote licenses installed to backup 2 additional file/print servers. All are connected by 1GB fiber to a 1gb switch. The media server has a new 320sdlt 16 tape HP Storageworks SSL1016 tape autoloader.

Got everything setup perfectly. Created one job to backup media server, and then backup everything on the other 2 servers. About 900GB of stuff altogether.

I come in today after starting it last night at about 8 pm....it has backed up about 75% of the media server, and hasn't gone any farther...I believe it got this far by about the 4 hour mark....it is stuck at 'Queued'....never happened to me before....

Has anyone had experience with this?

The media server is a new install of Windows 2003 standard SP1, had all file shares robocopied over, and the 2 additional servers are both 2000 server standard. Symantec AV 8.0 is the antivirus. Besides that....there is nothing else installed on system.

New Media server is a HP Proliant ML370, Dual 3.6 Xeons with a mirrored OS array and a 1.5TB storage array on Smart Card 6400 running raid 5. Pretty smooth setup, so I'm wondering why it is stuck on 'queued'.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions,
Dave
2 REPLIES 2

Dave_Cherry
Level 2
Forgot to say that I am using a service domain account specific to backing up, and that I did the 'test' to make sure everything connects in the job setup.

Dave_Cherry
Level 2
Nevermind, the first tape was filled, but the others which were just renamed and erased, had a 1 month lock from setup and weren't over writeable.

Thanks.