cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Job stuck on "Loading Media" on BE 2010

mjorgenson-123
Level 3

Hello All -

I am having an issue with backup jobs being stuck on "Loading Media".  My backup jobs' target backup device is a device pool that contains 2 Disk-to-Disk backup targets.  The issue only occurs when one of the backup targets runs out of space and the job attempts to switch to the other target in the device pool.  Perhaps I have configured the device pool improperly, but it makes no sense why the job has difficulty changing backup sources within the device pool.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want the job to span to the other B2D folder, you need to enable the low disk threshold parameter.

Note that this only works for .bkf files.  For .img files, the job will fail if there is insuffcient disk space to create the entire .img file.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

brupnick
Level 4

Do you have the console open on more than one machine?  I've had this happen with my tapes where BE was waiting on user input, but the message was displayed on my coworker's console, not mine, so I had no idea that it was waiting for someone to confirm an action.

mjorgenson-123
Level 3

No, not typically and not this time for sure.  I am really the only admin that manages the backups but that is good to know regardless.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

If you want the job to span to the other B2D folder, you need to enable the low disk threshold parameter.

Note that this only works for .bkf files.  For .img files, the job will fail if there is insuffcient disk space to create the entire .img file.

mjorgenson-123
Level 3

Thanks, that looks like it is the appropriate fix.  I made the change today and I will post again to report how it goes.