cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs Queued half way through on different tapes!

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
This week when iam running my weekly backup, the jobs stops and becomes queued about half way through at about 200 gigs. There is an alert that says to 'Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command'

Which i have done but the job still sits and queued and the same alert pops up. I have tried to use three different and brand new tapes which can hold 400 gig and at the very same place (about 200 gig) the job becomes queued.

Could this be caused by a corrupt file or something of that nature? please help as i have not been able to run my weekly backup so far this week.
7 REPLIES 7

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Do you receive any events in the event logs?

Kindly refer the following Document:

Event ID 58064: "Backup Exec Alert: Library Insert (Server: "%server%") (Job: "%job name%") Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library using the import command. Overwritable media includes scratch, blank, and recyclable media" is reported in the Event Viewer Application Log.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/252436

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
no there are no logs in windows event viewer. That tech note had no information regarding this.

It is happening with every tape that i try, even brand new ones. The tapes have plenty of storage left on them, i have seen out weekly taps backup close to 400 gig.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Repair BEDB:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
i tryed to run a repair and i get the following error

'Error: The data repair operation failed.
Starting Services
Database repair for server BACKUP ended with errors.'

No errors are logged in windows event viewer.

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
Any suggestions?? I have not been able to run a full backup for two weeks now as this problem is still occuring!

It has only started happening since i installed service pack 1, please advise on this!

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi Luca,

The message "Please insert overwritable media into the robotic library

using the import command" would occur in a situation when Backup Exec is

looking a tape to continue on, but is not able to find a tape to overwrite.

This cause of not able to find a tape can be due to the Media Set being

used which does not have appropriate Overwrite Protection Period /Append

Period set up to accommodate the backups at that particular time.

Please verify the Media Set Overwrite protection properties to which the

job is targeted. it.

Thanks and regards,

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Luca_Salvatore
Level 5
dont worry i have solved this problem myself by just deleting the job and recreating it.