cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Restore" view - but as report.

David_Ashamalla
Level 3
Hi All -
We had major problems with out Backup Exec 9.1 server, and migrated to a 10d SP1 server. Got the most of the catalogs, and selection lists, and created appropriate policies.
Was unable to get the media set information - which media is in which media sets - which means I have 800g of b2d files that don't know when to expire.

From the restore view, I can right click on a media family, and get the complete list of sets contained within it, with Full/Diff/Inc, date the job ran, and the complete list of tapes.

Is there a way to get this information as a report?

Preferred mechanism would be via bemcmd.exe.
4 REPLIES 4

David_Ashamalla
Level 3
Ok,
its *almost* a stupid question.
The Backup sets by Media set report does show most of this info, and I know I can run the reports via bemcmd.

I am still missing why my Imported media does not seem to show up, even if I have inventoried and cataloged it in this media server.

aravind_kondapa
Level 6
When one imports a media from one Backup exec server to another server information about the Backup sets will not be present in other media server, this is because these are 2 independent databases on each server hence the report generated will not display any content when a media is imported.
To give you an overview please refer to following tech-note:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/280048.htm
Although the above tech-note is related to CASO environment in which databases are shared, however same is not applicable in your case.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hi,

Did you do an upgrade from 9.1 to 10.1 was it succesful?

Please elaborate your question it seems that you want a list of reports, you can use the reports backup sets by media sets or media set.

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

David_Ashamalla
Level 3
Yes, the upgrade was successful.
We then used the tools to migrate job and selection list info to the new server, and, to migrate the catalogs.

The reports are not quite what I had hoped for. I would love to be able to filter by media.

I would also like to be able to choose "plain text" as a format, and dump the output to the screen. This would allow me to use grep style utilities (conveniently)to find my information.