cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jobs missed repeatedly with no alerts of any kind

Scott_Straub
Level 4
Backup Exec 7170 with hotfixes 1-10.  All systems are Windows Server 2003 or SBS 2003 except for one Windows 2000 Server.  DLO is not used.  Exchange agent is installed by not scheduled at this time.

I have 5 policies setup to each run a reocurring daily, weekly, and monthly backup.  These jobs have run fine in the past, but about a month ago they stopped being reliable.  This is about the same time I installed the Advanced Open File Option  (which has been working fine).  Sometimes jobs are missed and there is no alert or log that the job was even scheduled.  This seems to happen on Mondays and Fridays.  Usually one job is missed on Friday, and on Monday I have missed anywhere from 2 to all 5 jobs scheduled that day.  It changes each week!  I have made no changes to the policies since their creation.

I have already tried:
-Delete jobs based on policy and recreate them from the policy.
-Restart server
-Manually reinstall hotfix 8 and restart server.
1 REPLY 1

Scott_Straub
Level 4
Next I am going to try deleted the jobs AND policies and create everything from scratch.  I will update this thread with the results next Monday/Tuesday since I won't know if a job is missed until Friday/Monday.

Message Edited by Scott Straub on 07-31-200706:35 AM