cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Join LTO4 and LTO3

patris
Level 2

I just started back up the use syamatec using LTO4 tape. before I use LTO 3. I tried using the tape LTO 3 and 4 are in a process server to back up,

I have not probelem when back up using LTO3, back up can run normaly, but  when I run job on LTO4, tape can not be used with an error code V-79-57344-3862, because the device is not available. I was try disable LTO3 but LTO 4 keep no respon. 

Canjoin LTO 4 and LTO 3 on one machine ?

5 REPLIES 5

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Sure.  Make sure that your tape drive can read LTO4 tapes.  A LTO3 tape drive cannot read LTO4 tapes.  What are the make and model of your tape drives and tape libraries.

patris
Level 2

the problem is there are job back up using LTO 4 cannot run because cannot detect media.

I have policy daily backup for file server use LTO4 on slot 1-5 that differnetial type,

and weekly job on saturday use LTO4 slot 6 -9 that full back up type.

on LTO3 I make daily back up policy for mail / notes backup that full back up type.

pkh
   VIP    Certified

How many tape drives do you have?  Are they LTO4 tape drives?  As I said previously, LTO3 tape drives cannot read LTO4 tapes.

patris
Level 2

I have 2 tape drives, I use lto 4 ts2900 auto loader and lto 3 no auto loader.

no matter about reading tape, but problem is use lto 3 and lto 4 on 1 machine.

btw. I was finish running job on LTO3 yesterday, today I configure for runnign job on lto 4, but cannot run,

I try make new job back up and finish too.now I have check stability.

thank you for you support

pkh
   VIP    Certified

For your LTO4 tape library, can you do an inventory on the drive?

In the Windows Device Manager, do you see the tape library listed as an Unknown Medium Changeer with a Microsoft driver and the tape drive in the library listed with a Symantec driver?