cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTO PV122 - 64.0 MB/min

GARY_BRETT
Level 4
Hi,
Just installed a new Dell PV122 Autoloader LTO drive with LTO 100/200GB tape drives in. I have setup a job to backup 29GB of PDFs on WinXP machine on LAN and am currently getting 64.0 MB /min, with 7 hours remaining. I have done some testing between the veritas server (Windows 2003) & the XP workstation and simple file copying across LAN is fine. Am I missing something or is this the normal speed here?

Kind regards
G
5 REPLIES 5

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
If your NICs/Switch Ports are set to AutoNegotiate, try hard setting each end to 100/Full or whatever is appropriate for your network.

GARY_BRETT
Level 4
Thanx Ken,
Had already set both switch ports & NICs to 100mbs. What is the typical speed (ball park) I should be obtaining?

Thanx
Gary

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
really depends on your network architechture, what else may be using the network during backups, whether anything else is running on the Media Server or target server (virus scan, defrag, etc)

I've see 100/Full with through put pushing 350MB/min, I've also seen speeds average 100-110MB/min

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

We request you to update us on this issue

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply