cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit Concurrent Jobs

Charles_Tomlins
Not applicable
Here is the situation:

13 Servers that I need to do full backups once a week on, diffs the other days of the week. Have set up a B2D folder for each server to push FULL and DIFF backups to. The morning following the B2D the images get placed on tape from a Dell PV132T. All jobs are scheduled to run at 8 pm, when the jobs run ALL jobs begin processing at the exact same time, thus killing system throughput. The question is how do I limit the number of jobs that run at any one time? I want to have only about 3-4 jobs at any one time running, and then once one is complete kick off the next one. Thoughts?
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
The simple thing to do would be to schedule the jobs to run after intervals; permitting the previous set of jobs to complete. The jobs may be divided into smaller sets and run after certain time intervals.
Backup Exec cannot itself detect the completion of a job to trigger the next one, It needs to be scheduled by the user.Backup Exec can only start the job at the specified time and date.
Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.