cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux backup V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.

RockwellMuseum
Level 4

Another linux server backs up just fine. 18 other Windows servers back up fine. 

This is a new BE server, fresh installation of BE 20.5 on Windows Server 2019, direct attached storage array. Tons of free storage space. Linux server is RHEL 7 with RALUS. There are no tape drives. This is a backup, not a restore or catalog. Everything I find online about this error is about some other configuration, not this one.  The old (retiring soon) BE server still works just fine backing up this Linux server. Already tried the Trust trick of deleting the .crt files... Verified firewall is open to BE server. Restarting BE services on source and destination does not help. Annoyingly, the job restarts itself after failure again and again... Fails at the same byte count every time. Re-creating the job does not help. 

The backup set left behind after failure is drastically too small, around 55GB where it should be about 1.2TB. 
Here are more details from the failed job log:
Backup- \\srv-emu\[ROOT]V-79-57344-33994 - The data being read from the media is inconsistent.
Verify- srv-emuThe query for media sequence number 1 of this media family was unsuccessful.
Ensure that all media in the family have been inventoried and cataloged.
Then there are a few skipped files which I always expect.

Thanks!
-frank

1 REPLY 1

RockwellMuseum
Level 4

Anyone? I'm not allowed to call Veritas due to us being a non-profit :(