cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location of AOFO Cache file

Scott_Goethals
Level 3
Hi

I am backing up several remote servers that are using the AOFO option and have the VSP driver running.

As I understand it, the AOFO option creates a cache file on the volume being backed up. We would like to move this file so that it is created on the actual media server (where tape drive is). I used the AOFO wizard, selected the remote server and then entered the static path/file that I want to use.

The problem is that it didn't seem to have any affect. The file is still being created on the remote server on the target drive. I have shutdown and restarted both the media server and the remote server, and I am still not successful.

Not sure what else to try. If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Scott
3 REPLIES 3

SANDEEP_PILLAY
Level 6
Hi,

The location for the snapshot cache file for a remote server can only be changed to a different drive in the same remote server but cannot be changed or moved to the media server.

We hope to have answered your query.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Hello,

In reference to our previous reply to your post, we would request you to update us on the progress.

However, if we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived.

Thanks.

Sheetal_Risbood
Level 6
Archiving the post as per our previous reply