cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logon account provided does not have appropriate priveledges to backup SQL database

RegionsMark
Level 3

I have a production server running Backup Exec 2010 R2.  It does not have any installed updates.  The server is running 2008 R2 Enterprise edition 64-bit.  Every weekend it has been running a full backup of the server.  It runs differentials on the data partion throughout the week.  It is used as one our backup servers and also houses some sql databases listed under Microsoft SQL Server "BKUPEXEC".

Recently the full backup job started failing.  I know it is related to the SQL database because I can remove it from the selection list and the test run completes fine.  As soon as I check Microsoft SQL Server "BKUPEXEC" on the selections list the test job starts to fail again.  I have checked my other BUE 2010 R2 servers and don't see an instance of Microsoft SQL Server "BKUPEXEC".

The failed job log on the backup list the following error: 

------------------------

Final error: 0xe000fe3c - Before you can back up this resource, you must purchase and install a license key for the appropriate Backup Exec agent. See Job Log for details.
Final error category: Security Errors

For additional information regarding this error refer to link V-79-57344-65084
------------------------------

The failed test run job log list the following error:

Logon account provided does not have appropriate priveledges to backup SQL database

It appears to be a licensing issue from the job log article, but the test job failure log indicates security permissions.  Which is it and how do I verify?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

BKUPEXEC is the SQL instance used by Backup Exec to hold its database.

There is no need to take a backup of the above instance as BE runs a database maintenance everyday

and creates a backup of the database. Agent for SQL is required to backup any live SQL instance.

Open the selection list and then check the text view, remove the instance and run the backup job.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

BKUPEXEC is the SQL instance used by Backup Exec to hold its database.

There is no need to take a backup of the above instance as BE runs a database maintenance everyday

and creates a backup of the database. Agent for SQL is required to backup any live SQL instance.

Open the selection list and then check the text view, remove the instance and run the backup job.

teiva-boy
Level 6

Everynight, BackupExec dumps the SQL Express database to a flat file (*.bak file)  It's located within the installation directory of BackupExec.  Search for it.

Just pick that file up each night and you're fine.

RegionsMark
Level 3

Thanks