cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for clarification on BE 2012 SP2

Jim_Barr
Level 3

I hope this isn't too basic a question...

In the article "Backup Exec 2012 revision 1798 Service Pack 2" is the "1798" the version of the Service Pack or the version of Backup Exec to which the Service Pack is applied?

We have run LilveUpdate, and it says that there are no updates available, so I presume that we are at the latest version.

"About Backup Exec 2012" shows:

Backup Exec Serv er: Version 14.0 Rev. 1798 (64-bit)

Thanks!

-Jim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just a quick correction ... 2012 SP2 is in fact available on live update. I believe that it went to live update about 2 weeks ago. The versioning number would be 14.0.1798.1244 you can verify this by browsing to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec view the properties of Beremote.exe and click the details tab.. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

...that's the version it is applied too. So when/if BE 2012 R2 is released, it will show something different like Backup Exec Server: Version 14.0 Rev. 1234 (64-bit).

SP2 is not on LiveUpdate...you have to download it manually.

Thanks!

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Just a quick correction ... 2012 SP2 is in fact available on live update. I believe that it went to live update about 2 weeks ago. The versioning number would be 14.0.1798.1244 you can verify this by browsing to C:\Program Files\Symantec\Backup Exec view the properties of Beremote.exe and click the details tab.. 

Jim_Barr
Level 3

In our install, beremote.exe shows a product version of 14.0.1798.1244, so I guess we are on SP2.

Thank you for the info!

Donald_Eady
Level 6
Employee Accredited

Anytime..

. Please be sure that you have pushed the remote agent out to all of your remote boxes so that the remote agent on all boxes are current