cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes NFS files not shown

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Hello;

I have upgrade Backup Exec 9.1 to Backup Exec 10.
After that My Lotus Agent not shows database of Lotus Server (nfs files). I have installed service pack 1 and Patch 17 for that issue but it not solved.

My Lotus is on E drive. I am taking backups of Lotus from AOFO.
That problem is not in Backup Exec 9.1.
12 REPLIES 12

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,
AOFO is not designed for backing up Databases like Lotus. We recommend you to use the Lotus agent for backing up the lotus files.
Please go through the following article:
What is the intended use of the Open File Option and the Advanced Open File Option?
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/263784.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
However you could trying following the following Article and Disable the active file exclusion feature:
How to disable the Active File Exclusion feature in Backup Exec for Windows Servers
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/259152.htm
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let us know if that helped.
===============================================
NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Hello;
I have installed Lotus Agent to backup Lotus files nfs files.
But when I browse to Lotus Agent Not a single files is in the drive.
Please help

A_A_4
Level 2
Syed,

Backup Exec ver 10.0 has been designed to automaticaly exclude any database files, and because of this even though you select the files to be backed up, they are skipped and it will not report any errors. There are 2 ways around this which were explained by the Veritas guy:
1- You can buy the Lotus Domino agent or
2- You can follow the support document listed in his comments. Which basicaly tells you how to go into the registry and disable the automatic exclude option.

I personally recommend following option 2 first because it wont cost you anything to start with. Run a full backup and test restoring some NSF files to make sure everything looks good and that you're not getting any errors. If it works great. If not the only other option is 2.

Good luck :)

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Well I have already purchased the Agent for Lotus.

My Point is that:
I am unable to take the backup because there is no files in the lotus Agent.

Please help me.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

1. Please check if the remote agent service is started on the Lotus server.

2. If you have installed the agent is this the procedure you followed:
http://support.veritas.com/docs/254460

3. Have you a License key entered on the backup exec server.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Salman_Saeed
Level 3
still not resolved.
My media server is the Lotus server I didn't need any remote agent. yes i already entered the license.

Syed_Talib
Level 3
Hello;
I have entered the license key and also my lotus server is the media server so i didn't need any remote agent.

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify if the Remote Agent service on the media server is running under local styem account.

Also, please try to reinstall the Lotus Agent and check the results.

Regards.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.

Ken_Brunet
Level 3
How did you resolve this problem?

For me Backup Exec 10 ( I also tried 10D) is installed on the notes 6.5 server (windows 2003) and backup only the Notes server so I dont need the remote agent.

I have the Lotus agent installed. I am able to see the lotus icons when I go the select what I want to backup but it does not see any DB.

Chris_Hall
Not applicable
I have a similar issue, but mine is that I see some of the directories and files under the lotus notes icon. I can't see all of them though.

Philip_Baillie
Level 3
Hi, I have created a post in 9.1, but read this and also have this problem.

I can only see some of the databases within Lotus Domino, but I am using the Lotus Remote Agent.

I am using Lotus Domino 7.0.1

Phil