cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Notes Selection Grey Out

Eng_Kiong_SIM
Level 3
Hi

I have a san media server installed with lotus notes version 6.5.5 and BE 11d with hotfix 17. The strange thing is that i can see the lotus notes icons in the selection list but i am unable to select it.

Has anyone encounter this before?

Regards

4 REPLIES 4

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Good morning,

When you say they are grayed out, are you able to expand them down to the folder that holds the nsf files?

At which level are they grayed out?

Patty

Eng_Kiong_SIM
Level 3
Hi Patty

If i browse the folder like i am doing it with a normal files, then i am able to browse to level where i can see the nsf files. But this is going to back the nsf files like a normal files.

If i have understand correctly, with the Lotus Notes Agent installed, we should select the backup by selecting this "special folder" (Lotus Domino Database) which has a lotus note icon. We were able to expand that, but the boxes are grey out.

I read one of the positing mentioned that if the notes client is installed on the same machine that also runs the Lotus Notes, it can caused this grey out issue. Have you see it before?

Regards

Patty_McGowan
Level 6
Employee
Hi Eng,

"The agent first detects whether the Lotus server is partitioned or not... it finds this in the registry under HKLM\software\lotus\domino\partitions.  If it just shows '1' there, then the agent looks in HKLM\software\lotus\domino\path for the location of the single notes.ini.  If the agent detects a partitioned Lotus server, it looks in the registry for the datapath for each of the partitions (HKLM\software\lotus\domino\1\datapath, HKLM\software\lotus\domino\2\datapath, etc.) and looks for the notes.ini there.  One other thing to be aware of is if the Notes Client is on the Domino server and for some reason the agent uses the notes.ini from the client, you most likely will not be able to browse/backup the databases."

This was posted and had corrected the issue for another person.

You may also want to install HF 21, it clears up alot of Lotus issues.

Patty

Eng_Kiong_SIM
Level 3
Hi Patty

Thanks for the kind reply.

My colleague had installed hotfix 21 on the lotus notes server without its client.  The lotus notes database still grey out. One thing i forgot to mentioned is that the mail files are stored on a san.

i will have to check with customer if the server is partitioned next week.

Regards
eK