cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapi email configuration problems with BE 9.1

Patrick_Brown
Level 2
I am having trouble setting up MAPI email notifications in Backup Exec version 9.1. I configured the email recipients. Under the "MAPI Configuration" tab in "Notification Configuration Properties", I entered the name of the mapi email server and the name of the mailbox I want to send the notifications from. When I click APPLY, I get an error message that says, "There were insufficient privileges to log on to the specified mailbox. Verify that the service account has logon rights to the mailbox or specifiy a different mailbox to use." The system logon account is named Administrator and has the same password as the account I am logged in under on the server. The mailbox is also the administrator mailbox, so the System Logon Account in Backup Exec should have rights to this mailbox. Does anyone have any idea what I'm doing wrong or how to correct this? Has anybody else had this problem? Anyone from Veritas have any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5

Ashish_Uttam
Level 4
How did you determine what the mail box name in Outlook is?

Patrick_Brown
Level 2
It is an Exchange 2003 email account and shows up in the Global Address List. The mailbox display name in the Global Address List is DOCJT Administrator and the alias name is DOCJT.Administrator. I have tried listing both as the name of the mailbox in Backup Exec, but I always get the same error message saying there were insufficient privileges to log on to the specified mailbox. I am logged in to the backup server under the domain administrator account and have an Outlook 2000 profile for the administrator mailbox set up on the backup server. By default, the domain administrator account that I am logged into the backup exec server with has access rights to the administrator's mailbox, but Backup Exec still errors out saying I have insufficient privileges.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technotes to troubleshoot this issue:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/277987

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Patrick_Brown
Level 2
The domain that our backup server is in is a separate domain from the domain in which our email server resides. We are a state government agency and our email is handled at the state level and not from within our domain. We are using an NT 4.0 domain and our state email servers are in an Active Directory domain. The email server is an Exchange 2003 server. We authenticate to this email server using a dummy Active Directory account that the state created, but our Backup Exec server is still located within our NT 4.0 domain. The Backup Exec services run from within our NT 4.0 domain. Is there any workaround with Backup Exec 9.1 that will allow us to use the MAPI configuration for email notifications if our backup server is in one domain and our email server is located within a different domain?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Have you created trust relations between the domains? If not, create them and then test the results.

Additionally check the following technote which might help :

How to configure backup jobs to send notification using Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 (includes SMTP configuration)
http://support.veritas.com/docs/253178

If the issue persists, create another account, give domain admin rights to it. Add it in the administartor group on the remote server. Check if this account works.

If the issue persists, revert with details.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.