cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Selection List

PcSysAdmin
Level 4

If you search through the historical Read-Only issues people were having problems with backup selections reaching a maximum number of entries.

I have a backup job in 11.0 Rev 7170 that checks out as fully updated according to LiveUpdate.  I have setup a backup job to grab files off a number of my remote sites.  I've apparently reached the maximum allowed number of entries in the selection list, as it will add them to the GUI for 'View Selection Details'.. However, when you click "OK" to accept/save the changes it doesn't do a thing.  Yep, it doesn't produce an error, an event log message or anything.  Eventually, once your boredom get's you.. all you can do is click "Cancel" and say goodbye to the selections you added.

I probably wouldn't run into this issue, however I'm backing up a number of files with *.* w/ Subfolders, and excluding specific extensions.  I experimented with trying to get multiple extensions in a single exclude selection.. however, I'm not able to find any syntax for multiple entries... Example: *.mpg;*.mp3

So if someone knows how to do that, that may at least be a work around.  However, I really think the Selection list shouldn't be limited like this..

1 REPLY 1

mnml
Level 3
I would also like to know if there's a work around.  I've found that 50 entries is the max for the selection lists in my backup environment.  Anything more than errors start to occur.  I hope they fix this because it did not exist in earlier versions.  I went from having 10 selection lists to 56!!!