cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Not Appendable

Carl_Foland_2
Not applicable
I am running BE 9.1 w/ SP2 on Windows Server 2003. When backing up to disk my media shows it is not appendable. Under properties in my media set I have the append period set to "Infinite - Allow Append". However, when looking at the media after the initial backup it shows that it is overwritable but not appendable. In my job setup I have the initial job set to "overwrite media" and the following jobs set to "append to media". The first backup overwrites fine and all is well, but when the next days backup starts and it is supposed to append the previous backup I get a failure because the media is not appendable. Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

AFter the first overwrite job is completed please check the media set to which the tape belongs and check its append and overwrite periods.

Also check the space used on the tape and space available.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.