cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Rotation Wizard Error

Alex_Theochari
Level 3
I have recently re-installed Backup Exec on Win 2003 Server, and gone through the process of setting up a father/son tape backup. However, every time I use the media rotation wizard to get this process going I receive an error message at the end.

It complains that 'Another media set exists with the same name. Please enter a unique Media set name.'

'Creating Media Set Failed'

'Failed to submit media rotation job. Reason: Unable to create one of the media sets.'

The odd thing is that when you click the quick setup of the media rotation wizard you get four media sets being created, however, when you click the next button they all seem to disappear from the Media Window of backup Exec.

There are no Media Sets created with the name, even if you pick a totally different name it still complains about the same thing.

I am not sure what else to try and do....can someone help....
7 REPLIES 7

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

How many media sets do you currently have? What is the name that you are trying to give? Try using a name that has never been tried before. Try to create the media set manually without the wizard and verify if the error persists.

Revert with results obtained.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Alex_Theochari
Level 3
I have tried to create the media sets with many names that have never been used before. Still it fails.

The manual does not inform what media sets one should create for Father/Son settings - otherwise I would try to create them manually.

The name I was originally trying to give was 'Redxpress f/s' I have also stuck with the normal ones it places in the box, nothing seems to work.

Through what is puzzling is that the program has been uninstalled and re-installed, and only on re-installation has this error occurred.

Alex

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Was the uninstallation and re-installation successful.. without any error ?

Why you have uninstalled this software?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Alex_Theochari
Level 3
No it hasn't worked, by un-installing or re-installing Backup Exec

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

Please update us on the exact version of MDAC ( Microsoft Data Access Components ) on Win 2003 Server..

Refer the link given below :

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&displaylang=en

Have you also installed BE 9.1 service pack 4a ?

Update us on the same and revert for any further Query
Hope this will help you

Thank you
Gauri

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

Alex_Theochari
Level 3
Still have the same problem.

It seems for some reason that the set is created and then removed by the next step.

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/4125/screenbeforeselection6lz.jpg

The above is a screen shot before the selection, the link below is an after shot which shows that the media seems to be created, but it still complains that the set hasn't been created.

http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/8903/screenafterselection6le.jpg

Finally if you do try to continue, it will get stuck on the next screen...

To add, I have tried to update BackExec to the latest version and this has done nothing either. Also I have updated the driver set you requested in your previous message from MS which also did nothing.

http://img429.imageshack.us/img429/4589/screenafterselection31nn.jpg

shweta_rege
Level 6
Hello,

Have you also installed BE 9.1 service pack 4a ?

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered
and would be moved to answered questions pool.