cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Media Sets

Walter_S__Hutsk
Level 3
How can I keep media in a media set?  It seems my media keeps automatically getting placed into various system media categories during backup such as Retired or Scratch Media and I want it to stay in a custom media set that I created.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you using a loader/library?

if so, partition the loader and then edit/create your jobs so that they point to the appropriate partition rather than at the loader as a whole

See the Admin Guide for details on creating Partitions

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Are you using a loader/library?

if so, partition the loader and then edit/create your jobs so that they point to the appropriate partition rather than at the loader as a whole

See the Admin Guide for details on creating Partitions

Walter_S__Hutsk
Level 3
I currently have partitions set up for all of my tapes.  I have a Exabyte VXA-2 Packet Loader which holds 10 tapes.  Each daily backup uses a tape.  The problem still happens even though I have it set up this way.  Is there a way to simply not have any Media Sets and only use partitions for each backup job?  Can this fix the problem if that is even possible to do?

Thanks.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Is there a way to simply not have any Media Sets and only use partitions for each backup job?  

Nope.  You must specify a media set for each job (that's how BackupExec manages overwrite and append

if you have partitioned the loader, and the tapes are still moveing between media sets, something is seriously wrong with your install