cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Shadow Copies and CPS Snapshots

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
Forgive me for a dumb question, but is it necessary to enable Microsoft Shadow Copy on the volume that my 11d CPS jobs are copied to view the CPS server or does the Symantec software handle all of this via the snapshot settings within CPS console?

Thanks.

Ken
3 REPLIES 3

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hello,

Do you mean the Microsoft Volume Shadow Copy service? the volume shadow copy service starts up only when a snapshot is taken.If it is idle it stops again.

Thanks!

Kenneth_Sheppar
Level 5
Thanks for your reply. I'm actually speaking of the MS Shadow Copy setup that's located on the properties tab of the hard drive volume. I don't have the schedule setup for this feature and it's disabled, but the shadow copy services are running and my CPS snapshots due appear to be working fine. I just noticed that even though I don't have the MS Shadow Copy setup on the tab, I'm still seeing a lot of data that is "used" on this tab. Is it simply calculating the CPS snapshot data?

Ken

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Kenneth,

It is not recommended to keep the Shadow copies or the snapshots on the same drive. Please specify a different drive that has more disk space.

=============